Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bird by Bird



The days are definitely getting shorter. Today it is dark and rainy and I just feel like curling up with a glass of wine and a good book! Speaking of books, my blog title today, Bird by Bird is taken from the book of the same name by Anne La Mott. If you have never read it, I would most certainly recommend it! I loved it for several reasons; one it is about procrastinating, something I know quite a lot about. Second, Anne LaMott's writing style is laugh out loud funny, and lastly, I love birds, and although very little of the book is actually about birds I had to throw that in! Put this book on your must read list.


Bird by Bird came to mind today because I have acquired the coolest bird paintings that I currently have in the shop. The artist is Jay Hill, and I find his simple depictions of birds (and horses) delightful and also easy on the budget. One thing I feel really strongly about is if you can buy original art, you should! Why settle for poster art or reproductions when there are so many wonderful artists right here in Portland. If you are not in Portland, I bet there are lots of artists where you live as well. Almost every town has some kind of First Friday or First Thursday art events. Check it out in your city. Make that a resolution for the coming year, that you will buy at least one piece of original art in 2010. Hey, that's way easier than losing 10 pounds--right?

I also wanted to show you a line of furniture that we are carrying here at said-- it is Nathan Anthony Furniture. There are lots of fabrics to choose from, the size can be customized and they also have a green line called Envi that is getting lots of great press! Come in and test sit our love seat here in the shop. We would love to order one just for you. It is super comfortable--and now that I think about it, the perfect place to curl up with a glass of wine and that book! On that note, Cheers and I will see you next week.












No comments:

Post a Comment