Tuesday, May 19, 2009

40 years, 3 kids, 3 grandkids = Trip to NYC!

Can it be possible that 40 years ago I walked down the aisle with my high school sweetheart, honeymooned at the Dunes Hotel in Lincoln City and came home two days later to see my brother off to the Marines and shortly thereafter to Viet Nam? Well the answer to that question is YES!! To celebrate, my husband booked a trip for us to NYC, so this Thursday, the 21st we will be on our way for 7 days in the Big Apple. We intend to take in several plays while there. We already have tickets for South Pacific and I am hoping to get tickets to West Side Story as well. So you're asking what does this have to do with interior design? Well, travel is such a great source of inspiration! Museums, architecture, fashion and different cultures just to name a few, are all sources of inspiration that can be translated in your home. Of course, we will be mixing pleasure with business when we take in the Architectural Digest Show that conveniently will be taking place while we are there! I look forward to sharing with you what inspires us when I return. In the meantime, have a chuckle at our wedding--circa 1969!!! See you soon.

Sue
P.S. Be sure to check out our new videoblog at homestylehappyhour.blogspot.com!!!
Here we are--Bride, Bridesmaids and Flower Girl!

From left--Charmain (Merz), Janis (Cappola), Moi, Julie (Murray) and Jeanne (Rintell)

Note the little daisy headpieces!

Cutting the cake in front of the accordian doors in the church hall. Note the very "pointy" bustline!

Our friends tricking out our '61 Chevrolet Impala for our exotic honeymoon destination--Lincoln City!

I think I'm due a trip to NYC!!! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment